Friday, December 22, 2006

Konglish at It's Best

The Korean language itself has a huge number of words which are derived from not only English but also Chinese and Japanese. Children will understand if you tell them the computer monitor, mouse, keyboard and modem is broken as all of the words are the same in Korean.

I can live with most of the Konglish but when my gf starts asking me to bring my panties when she wants to do laundry, that's just pushing it too far. Men's and women's underwear in Korea are known as 'Girl panties' and 'Boys' Panties" so I can see the translation, but calling my boxers panties is just not OK with me.

I live in Rodeo Drive now! Well, Munjeong Rodeo street to be exact, it's a discount shopipng center from depeartment stores. Here in Korea shopig at a dept. store means your trendy (and I say rich). Everything there is well overpriced although most Koreans say it is the only place where you can be sure your buying the real brands. Anyways, below is a big outlet with about 12 different upscale fashion labels selling coats inside for 500$, sweaters for $150 and toques for 80$ a piece.

A new meaning of having to go to the Dump.



I've heard of yellow snow before...but brown?


My favourite DVD room in Gangbyeon. I dunno if the pun was intented or not, but it's quite humorous none the less. I love the DVD room in Korea, you go there and can choose from over 200 or so videos, Korean and English and you get your own private room with a 60 inch screen to watch. 'Course you should have a red light in your head at the thought of that...you see what happends sometimes in cinemas...now just imagine if there's no one else around what would happen.

Indeed it does, the DVD room is common for teenagers and younger coulples to frequent as a place to kiss and *cough* other things. Some might never even venture inside for fear of dirtyness but I know there are other places just as dirty that we don't worry about. I figure if I don't know about it, doesn't hurt me.

There are uncountable others, but I got a couple of food pics of these examples. It's enough to keep you amused while on a longley bus ride by yourself.

Xmas break!! Well, only Xmas day itself, but should be a good weekend!

Merry Christmas everyone!




No comments: