Thursday, December 21, 2006

Everyday Randomness

So, life always seems to be interesting no matter how much of a routine you get into. Yesterday I was up at a University studying with my tutor and got a call from the GF. She asks me "Did you lock the door when you left?" Ummm, no why? "I'm locked in and I have to leave for work within 5 minutes or I'll be late!"

Actually I specifically remember thinking I won't lock it, nobody is going to break in, although she might be mad at me. I had locked it before when she was inside and never had any problems before. Anyways,

I could tell she was mighty distressed and I'm thinking, shit, I'm gonna have to jump in a taxi and she's still gonna be late. Me and my buddy who is teaching me had plans for lunch, so I brought him along for the ride back. I figured maybe the neighbor hadthe key and locked it or somethin, I dunno.

Got a call when I was about 5 mins away and she had got it open by what I understood as using a knife to jam it open. I was worried it would be costing me an arm and a leg to get it fixed, and when I got back I saw the door open and the bolt and lock swaying freely some side to side.

Damnit, what did she do to the door. After a quick inspection I realize she only took the screws out and it could be easily fixed again.

What was gonna be a relaxed afternoon and turned out to be a hectic little adventure. Just another day in sunny SK I suppose.

Colin

No comments: