Friday, December 08, 2006

Let's tak'em back a bit.

How far you taken' 'em?

Well we're goin...wayyyy...well, not that far just a few weekends ago.


I got pics from a wedding I went to (though not the professional ones) so I can post about it now.

So Friday night I take off right to Hapkido after school, finished my first test and got my Yellow Belt. Beware the Yellow Belt!!! From there right to Konkuk Uni. area where some friends where having 삼겹살 (pork BBQ) with the school. They were already well into the Soju by the time I got there and when me and a buddy Richie showed up the drinks just kept on flowing. From there we went to another HOF (what they call a pub in Korea) for much more beer and Soju.

I managed to piss one of the girls off well with some of the dirty Korean comments that I have learned. Koreans (most) don't use swears or dirty words and when you do, they aren't too pleased in the least...and this goes double for girls. In the cell phone she translates something and shoes it to me and a buddy...LOW QUALITY. Hahahaha, she was even less pleased when I couldn't stop laughing at the comment. Ahh well, all in good fun.

From there off to the 노래방 (karaoke room) where we blasted away at the usual tunes and heard a few different ones form the Korean girls there. After some Chinese style bowsa (big dumplings) and a taxi home it was after 4 when I got to bed.

Woke up to a phone call from Sungku who was on her way up on the subway. Your still sleeping..aiaiai!! Hurry up or I'm gonna be mad....man, your already mad girl. I'll be there when I can. Got there only 4 minutes late, but still a very uncomfortable rest of the subway up 'till she met her friends and got in a better mood.

The reason we were up so early 'tis to go to one of her friends' weddings. We were all meeting and getting on a bus to go to the northern city of Youngja. Was a good 3 hour drive up, but the wedding was fun. Very quick...20 minutes of photos to begin, a 30 minute ceremony, and then a 40 minute lunch. Then back on the bus for a 4 hour ride home.
















The ceremony was good ('cept I didn't understand much of what was said) and I wouldn't really say it was a recpeption lunch as you only really chatted with the people that were sitting with you.

The ride home was long as me and Sungku had to sit on opposite sides of the bus. There were two Korean men sitting on either aisle and me and Sungku were looking trying to figure out where to sit...I figured they would move over and we could sit together, but no. The one Korean guy slides down, the guy I had to sit beside just moved his legs to let me through. I talked over him and across the aisle for a good part of the way home, you'd think it would be annoying, but he never moved. I was mighty pissed and thought he was being a dushbag 아젓시 (ajissi, older man).

I find many older men here will do nothing nice for younger people, especially if it means standing up and moving over one seat on the bus. Korea is very much for treating older people with respect, but I find older people could care less for lots of younger people and maybe not disrespect, but arn't very nice to younger people. Even if one person is 20 and one is 21 your whole personality and way of speech changes. I say f*&# that, I show everyone the same respect, older or younger, and if your older and an asshole, I'll treat you so accordingly.

Sorry, little vented rage. So me and Sungku were not gonna come home and planned on staying at the other city, but it was quite small and I didn't think we'd enjoy it much. So we came home and went out for dinner with some of her friends. A good choice it was. More BBQ pork, a grille fish house (which I dind't eat) and 2 pubs later and we were all well tossed.

I always really enjoy going out with Sungku's friends as it is a change in scene and of course they all like to drink. Had a good talk with a Korean history buff...learned a bit about the local history and made a plan to meet next Sunday and do some archery.

Sunday was alot of sleeping and a bit of shopping. Havin a party at my house next Saturday and need to fix up the house and get it ready! Just rain and warm weather here, I hear there's more than a foot of snow in Langley, I'm Jealous!! Aiaiaiaia, I want snow.

Colin




No comments: