Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Got warm again here in Seoul this week and I haven't had to put anything more than a sweater on for the last few days. Enjoying it.

Getting psyched for my first Hapkido test this week where I can get my yellow belt instead of my newbie white belt if I pass. Beware the yellow belt!!! Aya!

Last Friday I finally moved into my new place. It was reasonably clean for Korean standards after moving out, but not up to par with a new house residence you would move into back home. So first day of cleaning is just a basic sweep of the floors and a first level wash with towel and water. Second day onto the cabinets and porch, and third day...well that's yet to happen although the cabinets and floors as well as an overall dusting is much needed.

The last tenants took absolutely everything from the house so I needed to get a new bed, gas range, washing machine, TV, closet, and everything else you might need. The school was reasonably good about it and most of it is all installed and running. The bathroom is still bare and needs shelving and stuff (as well as a good cleaning) but I have another week or so before I'm going to have anybody over. Speaking of people over!!!

House Warming Party! Gonna be two Saturdays from now and as always with my pa rites it will be a quite random mix of people and events with nothing really planned and just kinda following the flow of the night.

Back to last weekend, lets look back not ahead. I moved right off a Rodeo Street which is geuss is supposed to be a take on Rodeo Drive as it has a whole pile of cheap discount name brand stores. I'm sure my cousin Katie will love it when she comes and visits. As for me, I enjoy the sights that come along with a shoping center, but not the shopping itself. Went shopping with my girlfriend on Saturday for a solid 3 and a bit hours, she managed to drop over 7 bills on clothing and I had a few bags on my arms to walk back with. It's hard work going shoping with people even though you don't do much shoping yourself. A good nap was had afterwards.

So, out to Iteawon tonight for some grub (gonna try to get Egyptian food) and gonna stay over at my buddies place. Got a private lesson tomorrow afternoon near my school so I can start earning some drinking money and sending more of my salary back home to pay them student loans (interest is a bitch!).

Great link to a translated menu at 김밥나라 (KimBub Nara), good for newbies or the soon to be!

Having a hard time finding my camera cord and my GF has most of our pics on her cam. I'll get some goodies up sooner or later. Till next Time. Hap Ki!

Colin

2 comments:

Gary said...

If you can't find your cord, a USB card reader works just fine...I like the new blog layout btw!

ZenKimchi said...

Dude! You didn't tell me you started a blog. Or you did, and I wasn't listening. Lemme link to ya.