Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Aiiiyaaaa!!! Headin' to Hapkido tonight. It's great exercise and fun to learn. Based on using other peoples energy for your own self defense. So far I've learned how to break some wrist holds (good for when my friend Derek tries to wrastle me, I'm gettin free now!!), some basic throws and some differnt kinds of kicks. The 1st 30 mins is purely stretching and cardio so I'm satrting to get a bit more flexible and back into reasonable shape. Hope to keep it going all year while I'm here, so see where my energies lay in a few months.



It's gotten freakin cold here. Literally two weeks ago I was in shorts and a T-shirt and it felt like June in Vancouver, now I am in my heavist coat and am still a bit cold, like January in Vancouver. Eeeeks, there is a total lack of the spring and fall season here in Korea. Hot or cold, better used used to both of them. Classes are OK, sthe same old, good ones and bad ones. Going to move into my new house in 6 days finally! It's going to be good to actuyally settle down and know this is where I'm going to be living for the rest of my 10 months in the contract. I'm sure it will be a big relief. I'm off! Hap-Ki!

No comments: