Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Some tales of a mild February


February in Korea was warmer than usual and I took full advantage of it. I managed to start playing a little badminton at the park near my house and started eating lunch outside. Those were the days, the nights were far from mild.

There was Valentines day which was supposed to be a nice steak dinner at the local VIPS (KEG) restaurant but which ended up being another koraen BBQ night. There was an hour and half wait at 8:30 and neither me nor Sungku had the patience to wait while we were both hungry. Some yummy 갈비 (BBQ pork ribs) and home for some drinks made it a very duable night.

Most of Feb. my friend Jeff was living at my place, and any of you that know Jeff,know that me and him always get ourselves into some red-haired fiasco's. We have had a few nights out on the town to say the least. Many nights in the big University areas and many nights just at my place.




We had a dinner for Sollal (Lunar New Years) with 3 or 4 of Sungku's friends,my and Jeff. Had some great food at my place,many a drink, and after the Korean friends went home, we hit up the bars. As for more everyday things, I've managed to lose whatever interesting things I've noticed in my mind and I'll have to leave February at that.

Late in February was my friend Joe's bday. He decided to go to the newly opened Hooters in Korea. A good choice it was.


I even decided to try on the hat...too bad the girls had already gone. Heheh
After Hooters we headed for the main club area, Hongdei. Managed to stomp around a couple of bars and ended up at a place which I think has the best Long Island Ice Teas in Korea. So with LIIT's, accordingly the night gets a little blurry after that. Everyone made it home alright and and it was a memorable evening.

No comments: